Epson Scanner 3490 Photo and USB2 port

Josh123 17:44 28 Dec 05

A few months ago I installed a Ali M5273 PCI card to provide a USB2 capability on my Evesham 2200 which originally only came with USB1 ports. I have successfully connected devices (eg Pentax camera) through the new ports.
However I have now tried, and failed, to connect an Epson 3490 scanner via one of the USB2 ports.
It will successfully operate via the USB1 port - after first ignoring XP's advice to connect using one of the faster USB2 ports.
Unfortunately I don't have any other USB2 devices to further check out the ports.
Has anyone got any suggestions ?

Technotiger 18:14 28 Dec 05

Hi, it is possible that you actually connected the scanner before installing the software - if so, this is probably your problem. Uninstall software, disconnect scanner, then re-install software and last of all re-connect scanner.

Good luck - it is a great scanner, I have the same, in a usb2 port.

Happy new year.

Josh123 21:01 28 Dec 05

I did not connect the scanner until after I had installed the software.
If I had connected the scanner first, would this have allowed the scnner to work on a USB1 port but not on a USB2 port ?
And a Happy New Year to you !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…