Epson scanner 1250 no icon

lin_ 07:25 19 Jan 04

I am trying to install my scanner onto another computer, I have downloaded driver from epson installs ok although I dont have software for it, I cant find where it is, searched everywhere but cant find it,all I can find is the setup icon on my c drive, if I go into m word I can select insert picture and scanner comes up, but how can I just scan a document without going though word, my old scanner I could place icon on desktop and click on that I've got Windows 98SE

MichelleC 09:37 19 Jan 04

Printers can play up on reinstall if there's any files left from uninstall. If you disconnect printer, uninstall via add/remove, then use find/search to delete any other remaining files (sometimes you have to delete any files in registry too, but be careful and b/up 1st). Then reboot, then install software (usually printer software is included with updated driver) plug in printer then navigate new hardware wizard to driver.

lin_ 10:31 19 Jan 04

Im installing scanner on different computer so its never been installed on this system before already done what you said, I have printed the set up from epson and its slighty different for example it says the option for language etc which dosent come up

bretsky 15:34 19 Jan 04

You need a dedicated programme to run your Epson 1250 scanner.

My Epson perfection 1250 scanner came with "smart panal" software, although I never use this. I use Paperport V8 which uses OCR{Optical character recognisation} and also makes use of the twain drivers{Technology without an interesting name}no joke!!!

I have just tried your instructions, went to My computer>clicked the icon and it lists everything on the c drive, right click the Epson scanner and create a shortcut to the desktop.

Now when you click on this, your software should appear with various options like your photo programme{mine's "m/s picture publish it"}and scanner & camera wizard.

bretsky using winxp home ed sp1

lin_ 20:04 19 Jan 04

The thing is there is no epson scanner listed. Im going to reinstall it and see what happens

bretsky 16:54 20 Jan 04

What was the outcome???!!!

lin_ 18:30 20 Jan 04

No joy, I can use it in word and if I press manual I can change the dpi etc. also I can use it it paperport, but still no direct link to the scanner.

bretsky 13:57 21 Jan 04

Do you have some kind of device manager{go to start>settings>control panel}in the control panel? if so does it show up?

lin_ 14:40 21 Jan 04

Yes it shows up in device manager. I have just installed newer version of paperport, set the scanner on manual instead of auto, now I can change the dpi etc. Am quite happy with that. I still thing my old agfa scanner was better though.

woodchip 14:47 21 Jan 04

Have you got the drivers from click here. but it's the CD software you need if you run from scanner I have the same scanner, and never used the software I only use the drivers

lin_ 17:25 21 Jan 04

Yes I did get drivers from there, I thought software was included with the drivers?. Anyway quite happy with the way it is scanning, just a shame there is no direct link to the scanner

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…