Epson RX560 Compat' Ink Catridges Not Recognised?

Tinkey Winkey 23:51 15 Oct 08

I have used nearly a full set of compatible ink catridges for my Epson RX560 from click here with no problems so I ordered another set.

On replacing the compatible Magenta Cartridge with my 2nd compatible, the printer now says that NONE of the cartridges are recognised and I am unable to print anything!

When I put the first Magenta compatible back into the printer, instead of saying replace cartridge as it did before, it still says that ALL of the cartridges are not recognised? Do I have a duff cartridge or have I killed my £100 printer? (Very worried!)

Please help!

Tinkey Winkey 00:06 16 Oct 08

Please note the Light Magenta Cartridge is still an original Epson branded Ink, but even that is not recognised either!?

I have only had this printer just over 12 months now?

Kevscar1 04:55 16 Oct 08

I have had this problem occasionally, I just take them out and put them back in again and it's usually OK

Terry Brown 07:50 16 Oct 08

It could be a simple job, like claning the contacts on the printer & cartridge.

Use a small item (like a coton bud) and gently wipe the 'golden ' contacts on your printer to remove any old ink or dust retinue. You may need to put a small amount of cleaner (like flash liquid)on the cotton bud to make it more effective. Do not apply any liquid direct to the contacts or you will do more harm than good..
Terry

Tinkey Winkey 11:13 16 Oct 08

Well I cleaned the cartridge contacts with a soft cloth and glasses cleaner and reseated the cartridges MANY times until eventually they were accepted.

I think pushing the cartridges more firmly against the contacts did it.

Thanks for your replies Kevscar & Terry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…