Epson RX420 All in one

jack 18:00 23 Aug 07

I have had one of these come my way as 'dead'
Usual story- simply not used enough and the heads have dried.
I have over the past months off and on - tried various clean -up routines- including a 'head pump that I mad from a syringe and bit of tube.
So far no joy - it no print.
So now I am looking for a dawing or plane of the Head to dis-assamble.
Fixyourownprinter.com did not offer anything
anywhere else to look good people?

Totally-braindead 18:18 23 Aug 07

See if there anything here click here the advice for some printers may well work with others as well.

jack 21:55 24 Aug 07

Thank you BD- nothing much there
I also looked quickly at the SSC lg Epson Utility forum- needs further looking into though
Will keep this one up for a while longer.

jack 14:35 27 Aug 07

My old mate Percy Verance came to the rescue in the end.
Using my 'pump thingy' I worked over each head several times with alchol based window cleaner and a touch of washup - leaving each to soak under pressure of the gadget over night.
A set of cheapo carts from the Saturday ,Market
and ZIPPO she works both stand alone and via
All we have to do now is to keep it fresh - which is mote than the previous owner did evidently.

Totally-braindead 14:38 27 Aug 07

I like Epsons but one thing I have noticed is if unused they dry out, its not a major hassle, I just print something out once a month and thats enough to stop it blocking up.

jack 17:36 27 Aug 07

Me too -I dont print much these days on the main[R300] as I am more into slide shows - but we give a run to keep it sweet and will be doing so with my allinone 'freebie'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced