Epson R300 waste ink collector -mod

jack 10:09 16 Sep 07

Having invested in a CISS, whilst I am at it I'll do the external waste ink collector too - I thought.
When I took the back plate off the machine- there is no waste pipe to be seen.
The machine is a refurbished version from an Epson Engineer- supplied when the original suffered a firmware failure.
So that may account for it.
But where is it - where does the waste ink go ?
Or is the tube simply re-outed away from prying fingers?

Totally-braindead 10:27 16 Sep 07

Have a read of this click here now I haven't had to do this but it does say there are pads at the bottom to collect the ink.

Totally-braindead 10:27 16 Sep 07

Have a read of this click here now I haven't had to do this but it does say there are pads at the bottom to collect the ink.

Totally-braindead 10:37 16 Sep 07

Totally-braindead 10:40 16 Sep 07

Sorry about the multiple posts, I think the server was going a bit funny.

Stuartli 11:23 16 Sep 07

Totally-braindead's link is to a tip that I've mentioned in the past and which at least one forum member took up (I take no credit whatsoever for the idea, just the original source).

I've never got around yet to adapting it for my own Epson R300, but there will no doubt be a point when the waste ink pads are too saturated to cope...:-(

jack 11:39 16 Sep 07

OK BD I'll accept your reason for MP's the sunny Sunday
And Stuartlie too
I am aware of this tip. and indeed have the photo printed up to do.
Have even got the tank made up - a neater job than the illustration I have to add.
I am also aware of the waste ink pad item - I've done a few on other machines.
What I am actually referring to is , having removed the little door in the back of the machine which reveals the waste pipe[as in my other machines -Ive had three over the years]
This time no pipe is evident.
So where did it go?

Stuartli 11:43 16 Sep 07

It would only be guesswork to surmise where the pipe has gone..:-)

Not had mine apart but is it possible to work out where the pipe is originally attached?

If so, plastic piping of various diameters is readily available (model shops is one source that springs to mind, another is car spare parts for use with windscreen washers).

It would only be guesswork to surmise where the pipe has gone..:-)

Not had mine apart but is it possible to work out where the pipe is originally attached?

If so, plastic piping of various diameters is readily available (model shops is one source that springs to mind, another is car spare parts for use with windscreen washers).

Double posting due to "Server too busy" message..:-)

jack 13:33 16 Sep 07

Having downloaded a PDF of 5 pages of an exploded views of an R 300,it looks like the waste ink pad[s] extend over the complete base now rather than in a corner formally.
This would imply- though not actually show that the waste is dumped straight down without a long pipe wending its way about the machine.
Hmm- do I or do I not take it apart?
Perhaps I might at the next service call- I read that one can get away with about 5 resets.
That base unit must hold a lot of ink.
We shall see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…