Epson R300 Problems with XP

Scott_the_Scot 14:56 17 Apr 06

My epson R300 keeps causing my XP computer to fail to close down. If I switch off the printer before my computer I get the error
"driver_irql_not_less_or_equal"
This has be come a real pain and I was wondering if there is any way to solve the problem. I have tried the latest driver from Epsons website but this has not helped.

pj123 15:49 17 Apr 06

I don't have XP but I do have an Epson R200 running on Win 98SE.

I was told some time ago by an Epson Technical Support guy "Never switch your printer off"

I now do not switch my printers (I also have an Epson 895) off. Ever since then I have never had any problems with printers.

Give it a try.

Stuartli 15:52 17 Apr 06

I have XP Pro and an Epson R300. I don't use it all that often, but have no problems using it when it is switched on.

The Epson website emphasises that you should have the latest driver (5.5b) for XP.

Delete the old one (if you don't have this installed) and install the 5.5b verrsion.

Stuartli 15:54 17 Apr 06

When you install the drivers when originally installing the printer, did you make sure that you only connected it when instructed?

It might be worth uninstalling all the drivers and software and reinstalling them with the printer disconnected until requested to connect it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…