Epson R300 printing problem

Ç̧ÇØ 15:53 17 Aug 05

I have an epson r300.
it worked fine up to a few weeks ago but now
every now and again it only prints part of the photo then stops.
it dosent eject the photo just sits there till turned off and on again.

Technotiger 15:59 17 Aug 05

Hi, I too have a R300 - great printer. I can't say exactly what the answer is, but I would suggest that you completely remove the printer and software from your system and then re-install it again in order to fix the problem.

Good luck.

Cheers.

€dstowe 16:44 17 Aug 05

Be careful to remove the printer software in the correct manner - via the Printers and Faxes facility in the Start menu or Control Panel.

Don't remove via Add/Remove Programs.

Ç̧ÇØ 15:02 18 Aug 05

I have uninstalled the printer compleatly.
Removed the driver and utilitys using Add/Remove programs as i cant find a way to remove them in
Control Panel/Printers and Faxes. Can just delete the printer in there.

Reinstalled the printer as per instruction manual.....now printer only prints a part of every photo.
If i copy the photos onto a memory stick it prints ok. ???

interzone55 15:28 18 Aug 05

I'm thinking that if the printer can print from the memory stick OK then the problem must be with the PC.

Try updating the driver, some people have found that downloading the R310 driver helps.

Another problem may be the USB cable, try a different cable if you have one, and / or a different port. If you have a USB scannner, use this cable in the printer, and try using the printer's cable on the scanner.

€dstowe 15:37 18 Aug 05

In Printers & Faxes, highlight the printer (click on it) and in the left hand panel you will see an opportunity "Delete this printer" with a red x alongside

Ç̧ÇØ 18:05 19 Aug 05

I changed the USB Cable and it seems to work ok now......

Technotiger 01:30 20 Aug 05

Great - will have to remember that one (usb cable) for future use.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…