Epson R300 Printer - Updated Driver

Border Collie 22:35 21 May 05

For those of you with an Epson R300, there is a new driver v. 5.5b which came out on 9/2/2005.

click here

Mat2 09:35 22 May 05

Morning Border Collie, many thanks.

Border Collie 11:20 22 May 05

Good morning Mat2, there is definately an improvement. The lag before printer starts has virtually gone and it prints faster.

There are also updated drivers for their scanners too. I was never 100% happy with my 2480 but am now, a vast improvement.

Border Collie 11:20 22 May 05

Good morning Mat2, there is definately an improvement. The lag before printer starts has virtually gone and it prints faster.

There are also updated drivers for their scanners too. I was never 100% happy with my 2480 but am now, a vast improvement.

cagey 11:50 22 May 05

Thanks Border Collie, I have installed it and noticed a great difference in the start time for printing, it's now almost immediate (as it should be).

Mat2 13:09 22 May 05

Hi Border Collie

Great that Epson have sorted out the lag problem before it starts printing. As cagey comments there is a great differnce.

On the scanner front i don't have an Epson one.

Mat2

Border Collie 00:03 23 May 05

<bump>

Border Collie 00:03 23 May 05

<bump>

jbaker65 10:26 23 May 05

Is this upgrade suitable for Win98se? On the site it only quotes Win 2000 and XP.

jack 10:47 23 May 05

Thanx for the info
But improvement! Hmmmm

Download and installed, and all it gave me was a persistant paper jam message.

For a sheet of copy paper!

Shut down puter wert to bed, started this morning[Mon]

Paper jam is OK and it goes through the motions of printing, but istn't delivering ink!

Ho Hum!

Border Collie 14:54 23 May 05

jbaker65 click here and eter your details to see if anything is applicable to your setup.

Sorry you've had a problem jack but mine installed first time without problems and there is a definite improvement. The way I dealt with a 'paper jam' in the past, where there was no jam, was to do the following.

Go into Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right click on the icon and choose delete.

Switch computer off and disconnect printer from tower.

Switch printer on and wait for all activity to cease. Press maintenance button wait for activity to stop then switch off.

Reboot computer. Reconnect printer and switch it on. New hardware will be found and it should install the drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…