Epson R300 printer progress monitor

Internut 17:45 11 Oct 05

I have a Time computer running XP SP2
When I installed my printer it worked OK except when using the window XP photo printing wizard the pictures came out very dark. I updated the driver and the pictures are now OK but the progress screen does not appear at the bottom right hand corner of the screen when the printer is printing from any program.
If I go to the printer via control panel and go to properties I can check the status of the ink levels etc so the status monitor is working.
Also when going to file then print in word 2000 the screen does not appear showing the printer screen but the word file flashes on the task bar and if this is clicked the printer screen appears
I have tried epson help with no success. I have checked that XP is completely up to date and have run my anti virus which is also up to date.
Any help would be welcome

bananaslik 18:24 21 Oct 05

Internut,try these 2 things,first go into the printer preferences/maintenance tab/speed & progress and see if there is a tick in show progress meter.if not put one in & that should sort it out.
Secondly put in your epson cd & run it,on the choice to install choose the custom install,then only tick the box for status monitor,then install & it should be ok.ive just had a prob with pictures turning out very dark & updated to the driver update 5.5b & it took my monitor away.good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…