Epson R300 ink levels

bananaslik 15:11 08 Oct 05

Just bought the above printer,instaled ok but when i go into the printing properties the ink levels are greyed out,also when printing there is no progress window appearing.I have searched google & this site & tried one or two things from epson but there is no change.I have also d/loaded the latest drivers(5.5).any help is much appreciated.

pj123 15:16 08 Oct 05

Did you install the Status Monitor?

€dstowe 15:19 08 Oct 05

This Epson R range is very finicky about having its software installed EXACTLY according to the instructions.

Best thing is to un-install the printer (from the Printers and Faxes panel) and re-install following the instructions on the leaflet TO THE LETTER. Don't deviate one little bit from the instructions.

On a positive note - these are excellent printers, we have several.

interzone55 15:28 08 Oct 05

The R300 has a little monochrome LCD monitor which shows the ink levels, which is usful when running the printer via a network print server.

bananaslik 15:44 08 Oct 05

PJ123 yes i did install the monitor,i also d/loaded it from epson to make sure but made no difference,Edstowe i followed the instructions by the letter but i will uninstall it when i get home & try again,thanks for that alan14.
many thanks to you all.

€dstowe 16:24 08 Oct 05

Remember to un-install according to the "approved" method.

spikeydog 17:23 08 Oct 05

Search the net for 'SSC Service Utility'.This gives a lot more info on your Epson machine.

bananaslik 18:51 08 Oct 05

problem sorted-i had a C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…