Epson R300 Cleaning

geotwink 18:15 08 Mar 05

I am getting small but noticeable black marks on the extreme last left hand corner of the card I print on. The Epson Help gives guidance only on general cleaning, which I have done. However the 'sponge' at the left side is soaked with ink, which doesn't seem to dry out(I do use my printer a lot!), and I wonder if the carriage picks up some ink from here on its last trip across and deposits it on my card. Has anyone experience of this, and how to solve it? Thanks

Totally-braindead 18:35 08 Mar 05

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about someone who had a similar problem. If I remember correctly the he was told use a clean cloth or sponge to soak up the excess fluid from the sponge in the printer. Perhaps someone else can diect you to this thread or provide more info.

Dorsai 18:54 08 Mar 05

I don't have a R300, but I do have an Epson. Not long after I got it, i started getting streaks when I used it.

It was dust (with a fair amount of Chinchilla hair thrown in for good measure) falling into the works.

My last printer was a bottom feeder. The out tray (over the in tray) kept the dust off the blank paper, and out of the works.

The Epson is a top feeder. Dust falls into the works, and onto the blank paper. I made a 'dust guard' out of a bit of card. Gravity keeps the card snug against the blank paper. Works for me.

It took me ages with a box of cotten buds to get all the Chinchilla hair out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…