Epson R285 - Printing directly on to CDs

Rickrod 21:06 09 Jun 09

Hi there,
I've got an Epson R285 and I'm having problems printing directly on to CDs. I keep getting a message saying that "the source is inappropriate for this printer". The printer is refusing to print an discs. Does anyone know what this means and what I can do about it.
Also, can anyone recommend any decent CD & DVD Label designing software?
Many thanks,
Rickrod.

T I M B O 21:16 09 Jun 09

I have the same printer and this software works fine, the only problem is the cost of the ink is almost as much as the printer. I do believe there is an update for this printer click here
But i do know that the software works a treat. If this does not work, then remove the drivers and start again.

Best of luck !!

Technotiger 21:25 09 Jun 09

Are you carrying out the correct procedure re the Tray ...

Turn on the printer, wait for it to load fully, then switch the lid to CD printing position, then insert the CD tray.

click here

or download Epson Print CD from the Epson website.

Stuartli 22:55 09 Jun 09

>>or download Epson Print CD from the Epson website.>>

You can't. It's a third party software product and Epson doesn't - and never has to the best of my knowledge - made it available other than on the CD-ROM that comes with a printer.

Stuartli 22:55 09 Jun 09

If you have Nero, then a CD printing application is available with most versions.

Rickrod 02:41 10 Jun 09

Hi there,
thanks to every one who gave advice about my problem with my printer not

Rickrod 02:48 10 Jun 09

Hi there,
thanks to every one who gave advice about the problem with my Epson R285 printer.
Can I help TIMBO with his problem of expensive inks?
TIMBO try a Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) the ink lasts much longer and costs a fraction.
I got a CISS from ebay for approx. £30.00 including ink (I recommend a supplier called Coralgraph).It's easy to fit and if you have any problems there's plenty of tips on Youtube.
Many thanks,
Rickrod.

jakimo 11:10 10 Jun 09

Epson will sell you a CD software disc for £10,which is compatable with XP...but if you are running Windows Vista then your out of luck as the third party who produce the CD printing software have not done a software upgrade for Vista

Technotiger 15:21 10 Jun 09

Hi, yes you are of course correct - I use Epson Print CD which was supplied with my R360.

Zaphod 3 16:33 10 Jun 09

Do you get a red light flashing in the paper supply button? If so press it when flashing and see if that sorts it. Used to have a similar problem with an R300.

jbaker65 08:24 11 Jun 09

Rickrod, have you still got the installation disc you got with your printer??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…