epson r265 HELP! HELP!

steve_rfc 17:53 04 Nov 07

CAN ANYONE HELP ME

I WENT AND BOUGHT AN EPSON STYLUS PHOTO R265 INKJET PRINTER LAST ON FRIDAY BUT WHEN I PRINT OUT A4 PHOTOS THEY SEEM YO BE FINE BUT WHEN I TRY AND PRINT 4*6 PHOTOS THEY ARE VERY POOR QUILTY

ive change the setting but still no good

???????????????????????????

jack 18:01 04 Nov 07

You need to tell us much more than that Steve
and do not use capitals - that is shouting and we do not like to be shouted at OK!

So What computer.
What operating system
What programs are you using to print said images
Where are the images from
What paper type.
What do you mean by poor quality'
Think a bit be fore you send any more massages .

steve_rfc 18:29 04 Nov 07

toshiba sat L30
xp
im using the software i got with the printer ?
the images are from a digital camera
im using gloss photo paper
when the photo finnishes it looks like there are little dots all over it meanly in the dark colours

i did'nt no i had caps on so i did'nt intend to shout

Are you using "Epson Easy Photoprint" and have you run the nozzle check successfully.

Technotiger 19:06 04 Nov 07

Hi, I too have a R265, it prints perfectly. I have just printed a colour photo (using Epson Easy Print which came with the printer) 4"x6" on Epson glossy paper, and using Compatible inks. I particularly chose a poor quality photo, but is has printed extremely well. The only setting I clicked on was Image Correct, otherwise all other settings were default.

I don't normally use this software, preferring instead PhotoSuite, but I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of this print.

Are you using Epson paper - because it does make quite a difference if you use any other paper.

steve_rfc 19:32 04 Nov 07

i run nozzle check successfully

do you think i should uninstall and then reinstall the software?????

when i first installed the software i think i changed the setting but not sure had alot no lately lol

and can anyne recommend any other printing software that is good ???

Technotiger 19:36 04 Nov 07

Well, as I said I use PhotoSuite for all my photo printing.

Are you using Epson paper?

I don't think re-installing printer software will make any difference.

steve_rfc 19:41 04 Nov 07

no it was'nt epson paper but its only the 4x6 thats the problem A4 photos are great lol

Technotiger 19:48 04 Nov 07

Right, well anyway, I blame the paper - it really can make a difference. Get some Epson 4x6 and check the results. I use Epson Premium Glossy Photo paper 4x6. Bought in the 'High Street' at £6 for a double-pack (100 sheets).

Technotiger 19:49 04 Nov 07

Right, well anyway, I blame the paper - it really can make a difference. Get some Epson 4x6 and check the results. I use Epson Premium Glossy Photo paper 4x6. Bought in the 'High Street' at £6 for a double-pack (100 sheets).

Technotiger 19:51 04 Nov 07

Grrrrr - I hate it when it double-posts, and I waited and waited 'cos it didn't post first time.
Usually happens if one is a bit impatient, but I thought I had given it plenty of time .... Grrrrrrr

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017