epson r220 printer

conrail 11:52 26 Jan 09

recently I had an epson r220 printer and received warning message that service was due, next day printer stopped working so following advice from these pages I decided to clean out the ink pads, unfortunately, being ham fisted, printer droped to the floor when trying to use reasonable force to remove the covers, resulting in an unuseable printer, no problem can claim of household insurance, the problem is I have spare cartridges still sealed, I do a lot of printing so always have spares, doing a search for the printers on the cartrisge boxes brings up a list of printers no longer available, does anybody know which current printers the following cartridges will fit? T0481 Black; T0482 Cyan; T0483 Magenta: thanks

conrail 11:53 26 Jan 09

also forgot to mention, recovered the cartriges from the printer, all of which were nearly full, don't know if they will be reuseable after storing on a shelf.

Sea Urchin 12:33 26 Jan 09

Compatible printers

click here

Sea Urchin 12:36 26 Jan 09

And from another source CURRENT printers:

Epson Stylus Photo R200/R220/R300/R320/R340
Epson Stylus Photo RX500/RX600/RX620/RX640

conrail 14:03 26 Jan 09

thanks guys but doing a search for all of these printers shows that they are not available, also I need to print on CD/DVD's, surely some modern printers should take these cartridges?

Sea Urchin 17:44 26 Jan 09

I would suggest you contact Epson customer support and ask them - I'm sure they would be happy to help if they thought they were going to sell a printer :@)

woodchip 18:21 26 Jan 09

You may be able to buy a cheap Refurbished from Epson that will take the carts. Costs nothing to ask them

woodchip 18:26 26 Jan 09

You may be able to buy a cheap Refurbished from Epson that will take the carts. Costs nothing to ask them. Some hear to have a brows through click here

These are Refurbs click here

bluto1 19:32 26 Jan 09

Before claiming on house insurance look at how much excess you'll have to pay. It may not be worth the effort.

conrail 20:14 26 Jan 09

thanks Sea Urchin, Epson have come up with the EPSON Stylus Photo R285 at £68.49 + £10 for a 3 year extended warranty. they haven't got back to me yet about the cartridges, what printer is compatible?. the r285 is cheaper on amazon. you have a point bluto1, so not going the insurance way. thanks woodchip, they do not do the r220.
one of daughters has an epson c84 I think,her partner has emailed me to say her cartridges and mine look identical although different numbers, if they do fit her printer what would happen if she tried to print?

woodchip 14:22 27 Jan 09

Only thing you can do is try them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now