Epson R200 - no black print

Trikie 14:35 24 Apr 06

After replacing a cyan cartridge the printer does not print anything in black and the nozzle check only prints 5 colours. omitting black.

Black cartridge only half used.
What is happening?

Stuartli 14:42 24 Apr 06

Did the printer undertake a check when you inserted the new cartridge?

Try removing and installing it again.

pj123 14:46 24 Apr 06

Make sure you didn't disturb the black cartridge when you replaced the cyan. I did that once. Just take the black cartridge out and put it back in again.

Or, did you (by any chance) get the black cartridge from 7day shop? If so, I have found the same problem with their cartridges. It gets half way through and then packs up. As it only cost me 99p though I just replace it anyway.

Trikie 15:40 24 Apr 06

Thanks both.

No, it did not do a check. I've taken both cartridges out and put them back in again but no joy.

Both are JetTec - I've used these for several years with no problems. If the cyan was playing up it could be a faulty cartridge but the black had been printing with no problem

Trikie 17:56 25 Apr 06

Problem solved by replacing the half used black ink with a new cartridge. I wonder why replacing another cartridge cased the black to fail.

Smiler 18:15 25 Apr 06

"I wonder why replacing another cartridge cased the black to fail."

Pure bad luck that's all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch