Epson R200 - no black print

Trikie 14:35 24 Apr 06

After replacing a cyan cartridge the printer does not print anything in black and the nozzle check only prints 5 colours. omitting black.

Black cartridge only half used.
What is happening?

Stuartli 14:42 24 Apr 06

Did the printer undertake a check when you inserted the new cartridge?

Try removing and installing it again.

pj123 14:46 24 Apr 06

Make sure you didn't disturb the black cartridge when you replaced the cyan. I did that once. Just take the black cartridge out and put it back in again.

Or, did you (by any chance) get the black cartridge from 7day shop? If so, I have found the same problem with their cartridges. It gets half way through and then packs up. As it only cost me 99p though I just replace it anyway.

Trikie 15:40 24 Apr 06

Thanks both.

No, it did not do a check. I've taken both cartridges out and put them back in again but no joy.

Both are JetTec - I've used these for several years with no problems. If the cyan was playing up it could be a faulty cartridge but the black had been printing with no problem

Trikie 17:56 25 Apr 06

Problem solved by replacing the half used black ink with a new cartridge. I wonder why replacing another cartridge cased the black to fail.

Smiler 18:15 25 Apr 06

"I wonder why replacing another cartridge cased the black to fail."

Pure bad luck that's all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…