Epson R200 ink monitor, printing v. slow

m800afc 01:57 29 Jan 08

For the last year or so I have been using compatible inks in my R200, with great success. Yesterday I noticed the red ink light was flashing. I pressed it to determine which cartridge needed changing, but it indicated none needed changing. I tried to do a test print and whilst setting up the printer noticed that the on screen monitor indicated that all cartridges are empty. I continued anyway, and the preview took a good three minutes to appear. I printed the page and it was perfect. The monitor still shows all cartridges empty and it still takes an age for the preview to appear. I have reinstalled the drivers and utilities from the original CD, but the problem persists. I have tried to use the SSC Service utility, but it reports that "the printer is not online or there is another problem"
Does anyone know what is going on, and how I solve the problem?

€dstowe 07:53 29 Jan 08

Have a look at what this tells you:

click here

m800afc 16:40 29 Jan 08

I have tried to use the SSC Service utility, but it reports that "the printer is not online or there is another problem"

FungusBoggieman 16:47 29 Jan 08

m800afc
just tryed the ssc utility on my epson 915 works ok
the only time I got the printer is not online or there is another problem" is when I ran the utilty with the printer turned of.
is your printer turned on?.

m800afc 16:53 29 Jan 08

The printer is turned on and working. The problems are that the ink monitor always shows all inks are empty, and it takes forever to firstly get a preview and then get a print. I have not knowingly made any changes to my system, and the problem persists even after a complete re-install of the printer driver/utility from the original Epson CD.

m800afc 16:55 29 Jan 08

Forgot to add, I have tried using a different, known to be working, USB lead. Makes no difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…