Epson R200 'Draft print' default settings

the old man 15:02 20 Apr 06

How can I print a draft copy of a web page so that it just comes out in black text. Used to be able to change settings on my old epson 500.
Possibly not seeing the wood for the trees as I have looked at online manual and not seen how to do it.

pj123 16:40 20 Apr 06

If you go to Print, Properties, you will see you have a Quality Option, Draft, Text, Text & Image, Photo and Best Photo.

I have the Epson R200 but have never used the Draft mode, but it is there for your use.

pj123 16:42 20 Apr 06

I have just tried it with this thread and it printed very quickly but the quality is awful.

the old man 16:49 20 Apr 06

Printed something out for the daughter earlier off the web for her to look at later.
It had blue words for links and thin purple lines seperating F.A.Q.'s and suchlike. On old printer, I could determine that the draft copy, to save on ink, could come out as is, with colour, or just print out in black.
With the R200 I cannot find this and the draft is poor quality but still in colour.
Don't want colour, want all black text.

Yours truly, S.C.ROOGE.
lol

pj123 17:11 20 Apr 06

Obviously can't be done on the R200.

Just printed this thread again using "text" mode.

Much better than "draft" mode but still prints what it sees.

With compatible ink for this printer at such a low price from click here and many other compatible ink suppliers does it matter?

Stuartli 17:15 20 Apr 06

I've bought three sets of Epson compatibles at £3.98 a set at:

click here

You'll note it's now seven cartridges (two blacks) and the price has risen to £4.69.

They are branded Sumvision (of MP3 player and similar products fame).

Bagsey 17:20 20 Apr 06

Compitable for R200 at 98p per cartridge from click here I use them for both my R300 and granddaughters R200 They are fine.

Bagsey 17:22 20 Apr 06

Gosh! yours are even cheaper. They will be paying us to take them away soon.

Totally-braindead 17:26 20 Apr 06

I have the DX3800 if you goto printing preferences and click draft then click advanced there is the option to tick a box marked print black only. I can't say your software is exactly the same but its worth a look. To be honest I would just print as text because draft on the Epsons does tend to be very poor and I'm not sure how much ink you will save. Plus by altering the Advanced settings it may alter the printing for all the qualities I don't know. It does come up with a warning about advanced settings are for experienced users only or some such.

Stuartli 17:34 20 Apr 06

>>Plus by altering the Advanced settings it may alter the printing for all the qualities I don't know.>>

The Epson saftware can be configured to provide "templates" for each desired photo paper size, printing quality, borderless etc in a range of combinations as required.

The Epson website support pages state, with regard to black only printing:

Q: The printer is out of color ink even though I print in black only. Why does this happen?

A: To keep the print head clear, the printer uses a small amount of ink from all the cartridges whenever it prints.

Even if you select Black Only, some color ink is still beng used.

pj123 17:34 20 Apr 06

Stuartli, have you tried them yet? Any good?

Got a similar deal from Datasafe 2 black plus the colours. £10.

Haven't tried them yet as I have loads of other cartridges that need to be used before the Sell by date.

Have to admit that £5 seems to be worth a try to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…