Epson R200

Digital 16:36 27 Nov 09

Has anyone been able to get an Epson Stylus Photo R200 printer to work with Windows 7? Mine prints OK but the Status Monitor won't install so I can't see the ink levels.

The Kestrel 16:42 27 Nov 09

Have you checked on the Epson support website to see whether they have issued updated drivers for Windows 7?

ashdav 16:53 27 Nov 09
  Digital 17:09 27 Nov 09

Thank you both. I have tried the Epson website but there's nothing there to help.

Andsome 18:34 27 Nov 09

I have an Epson R series, R340 Photo. When I installed windows 7 the installation installed all drivers that I needed, including the printer.

jack 20:31 27 Nov 09

Is not an essential part of the package if you can learn to live without it.

Or dowload any other R series driver package
to drive the machine.

In '7' go to add printer routine, select from list. select Epson.Select R200
Tell if this is a correct assumption - have yet to see '7' running but assuming basic functions follow through.

Falkyrn 21:43 27 Nov 09

If you highlight the installation program for the drivers and select XP compatability it should be possible to install the status monitor - it worked for my R300

ashdav 21:55 27 Nov 09

What do you mean there's nothing there to help?
The link I posted was for the Win7 drivers !

Digital 22:13 27 Nov 09

Sorry ashdav, there are drivers &c for W7 but it was a W7 version of the Status Monitor I wanted. As jack says, I can live without it, it's useful as a warning that ink is low; I'll wait until the printer refuses to print & just make sure I've a stock of cartridges! Might try Andsome's idea. Anyway, thanks everyone for your ideas.

jack 09:05 28 Nov 09

So long as you are aware of how an ink monitor works.

It is based on average ink consumption of a typical sheet of A4 and the number of sheets passed.
The actual ink used in any chamber may be far less.

Digital 10:09 28 Nov 09

Thank you jack. Yes, I realise it has nothing to do with the actual ink level. I normally wait until it refuses to print but the warning reminds me to get a new cartridge in stock.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…