//some 3rd party need geo

Epson problems

Blubottle 20:40 15 Jan 04

I have an Epson stylus C60, about 18 months old, now the print heads constantly require cleaning out. I have even used manual flushing methods all to no avail. This is the second Epson I have had this trouble with,is it me or are Epson's not all there cracked up to be, Are H.P any better.

Bucko1 20:52 15 Jan 04

Are you using Epson's own ink or compatables??

I had this problem with some compatables, but now only use Print-rite and this seemed to solve the problem.

Gongoozler 20:53 15 Jan 04

Hi Blubottle. Epson printers are generally very good - If you keep the heads clean. This isn't usually a problem as long as the printer is used regularly. HP printers don't have this problem because the heads are built into the cartridges, so when you replace the cartridge you also replace the print head, but as a consequence of this the cartridges are significantly more expensive. Both Epson and HP cartridges are available as much lower cost compatibles, but whereas Epson compatibles are newly manufactured units, HP compatibles are usually used HP cartridges that have been cleaned and refilled, and so are still more expensive than Epson compatibles.

Pesala 08:40 16 Jan 04

Are you using copier paper or quality inkjet paper. I find that good quality laser paper gives good results with the Epson C80, which was my reason for choosing it. Because it uses pigment inks, it gives excellent results on ordinary paper.

Some papers may be dusty, or dust may be getting into the printer from the room. Keep a cloth over it when not in use.

961 09:39 16 Jan 04

The answer to your basic question is that HP printers do not have this problem because, as said above, the print head is in the cartridge

Epson printers do not take kindly to occasional use. Daily operation keeps the ink in the head from drying out and clogging. Siting the printer in a warm place does not help

keenan 10:37 16 Jan 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…