EPSON PRINTERS-PICK MARKS FROM PINWHEEL GUIDES

YESROF2 21:11 22 Aug 05

I HAVE EPSON 760, 880, 640, AND C40. WHEN USING GLOSSY PAPER, ALL OF THEM NOW GIVE INTERMITTANT PRICK MARKS ALL THE WAY DOWN THE SHEET IN BLACK AREAS, FROM THE SHARP POINTS ON THE GUIDE PINWHEELS. HAVE STRIPPED DOWN 1 PRINTER BUT CANT FIND ANY REASON, OR ANY ADJUSTMENT. IS THE SAME WITH GENUINE EPSON PAPER. ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM? ANY IDEAS FOR FIXING PLEASE.

Forum Editor 21:42 22 Aug 05

when posting in the forum - apart from signifying that you're shouting the use of caps means that people find it more difficult to read what you've said.

I've experienced these marks with other printers when the paper thickness setting was wrong - could this be the case here?

YESROF2 09:21 24 Aug 05

On the Epson, the pressure setting only adjusts the rubber traction wheels. The pinwheels are not adjusted, so I still have problems.

Sans le Sou 12:38 24 Aug 05

Are you saying that all 4 printers have decided to do this at the same time. Are you printing the same image when this happens, if so try another image as it may be a fault in the image file.

Sans le Sou 12:39 24 Aug 05

Or are you using very heavy duty paper?

YESROF2 08:02 25 Aug 05

Yes over a period of time all printers now show the same fault. Have used 3 different makes of glossy paper, all normal thickness. Different pictures.Different makes of ink. Xerox paper is worst because it takes long time to dry and the ink is very soft on the surface.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…