Epson Printers `Life-expired parts` Error Message

Frows 19:57 18 Dec 04

This is the second Epson C42 range printer I have had which, after a lot of use, flashes up the `life expired parts` message and bites the dust.

I cynically believe there is nothing wrong with the printer and this is just another rip-off by the manufacturers along with extortionate ink cartridges.

Any views or work-rounds please ??

Merry Christmas !

Terry

Diodorus Siculus 22:10 18 Dec 04

I've heard that one before but can't remember the solution suggested... when I remember I will post something, I hope...

Sir Radfordin 22:55 18 Dec 04

Think there is a little ink pad/well under where the ink tanks sit when they are in parked mode. When the printer detects these are full/out of life the printer packs up. There are some work arounds for this but sadly can't recall them now. Try a google search?!

Buchan 35 23:09 18 Dec 04

Alternatively get in touch with Epson an the web, or by phone, and ask them the name and address of their man local to your area. Then pay him a visit, as I did, and the problem will probably go away.

Buchan 35 23:09 18 Dec 04

Alternatively get in touch with Epson an the web, or by phone, and ask them the name and address of their man local to your area. Then pay him a visit, as I did, and the problem will probably go away.

Giggle n' Bits 23:11 18 Dec 04

service centre. If this printer is less than one year old it will be a freebie.

Epson.co.uk have a online tool where it can scan and determine the cause. Worth a try.

Buchan 35 23:14 18 Dec 04

Sorry about the double click.
I didn`t add that any machinery with moving parts needs a service now and again, You`ll be surprised at what a service costs.

The Spires 00:42 19 Dec 04

Download click here it will reset the waste ink counter that has switched your printer off. You will need to open your printer up,(plastic lugs on the bottom hold it together) & at the back at the bottom of the printer there is a fibre material that the waste ink soaks into,either remove it and wash & dry it or blot it dry. It's a good idea to wear rubber gloves! & put newspaper around while working as a little printer ink goes a long way.

Rayuk 12:33 19 Dec 04

click here
Bookmarked from a previous thread

GroupFC 14:31 19 Dec 04

Hav a look through click here
particularly the posting from JonnyTub. I haven't got around to having a go at it but might give something to do if I get bored over the hols.!!

pj123 14:41 19 Dec 04

Had the same problem with an Epson C42. Rang Epson and they sent me a replacement printer, still a C42. After about 4 months that one packed up as well. Rang Epson again, this time they didn't want to know. They told me that my original printer was now out of guarantee and the replacement printer they sent did not start the guarantee again. Have now gone on since then and now have an Epson R200, (bought for a really good price on ebay). No problems with it so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…