Epson Printers - Fatal error

TN 14:53 20 Sep 07

I have tw epaon printers (one just over a year old and the other about 18 months) I have been unable to print more than one sheet of paper at a time in either of the printers. When I seletc a quantity over 1 either printer prints a single sheet and then pops up the message "A Fatal Error has occurred. Unable to print. Consult Read Me fil for more information2 The read me file says there is a fault with the drivers. I have uninstalled and reininstalled both printers 3 times now and have downloaded the latest installation files and ran them But still only one sheet of paper at a time! Has anybody experienced this and more importantly how can it be cured. I am running XP Home with 1 GB of RAM and over 110 GB free space on my hard drive on a computer 9 months old. I hyave used System Restore to go back to last week and before with the same Error poppin up. Please help if possible and thank you in advance if you can

woodchip 14:55 20 Sep 07

It did say Driver, Have you downloaded the Driver then Update Driver through Device Manager

TN 15:05 20 Sep 07

No I downloaded the driver directly from Epson site - the printers do not show on the device manager display in Control Panel, System. Would this make a difference?

Technotiger 15:08 20 Sep 07

You have not said what printer model numbers? This knowledge might help.

pj123 15:10 20 Sep 07

You say you have two Epson printers, what printers are they????

pj123 15:10 20 Sep 07

Too slow again, Technotiger.

€dstowe 15:13 20 Sep 07

What method are you using to uninstall the printers?

It MUST be done from Printers and Faxes in the Start menu. Any other methods will not necessarily remove all the printer software.

Technotiger 15:18 20 Sep 07

€dstowe means of course in Control Panel, not Start menu :-)

TN 15:44 20 Sep 07

The Printers are Photo R300 and C44UX. I uninstalled them from the Control Panel each time and once I used Advanced Uninstaller - all to no avail.

€dstowe 16:03 20 Sep 07

Start -> Printers and Faxes. Highlight the printer and click Delete in the box at the left - marked with a red cross.

€dstowe 16:08 20 Sep 07

If you have one printer installed, does that work properly on its own?

It's very odd. Most of my studio machines have at least two printers attached, some have as many as six, and most are Epsons - although not both the models you have. There are two R300s which are working happily with other printers, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…