//some 3rd party need geo

Epson Printers - embedded print counter cutoff

rodger ramjet 19:29 03 Dec 05

I have read somewhere in the past about embedded print counters in Epson printers that limit the amount of prints available, then shuts down the printer with a warning that a serious fault has developed and the printer needs to be taken to an authorised service agent for attention. My Stylus Colour 580 has been working great, then it stopped between pages telling me it had a serious defect. It's not worth spending £25+ per hour on a service technician as the printer is not worth anything. Does anyone have any information on this issue of cut-out limit on print numbers, and is there a website or patch available to rectify the problem if that is the cause. Many thanks.

SG Atlantis® 19:38 03 Dec 05

I would dismiss that as an urban myth.

I can't see a company building that feature, actually I'd call it a restriction, into their products.

Why on earth would they set a print limit and then declare the printer as faulty when that limit is reached?

Smiler 20:04 03 Dec 05

Why on earth would they set a print limit and then declare the printer as faulty when that limit is reached?

To make money

SG Atlantis® 20:06 03 Dec 05

The would be breaking the law. Doubt they'd get away with it.

Smiler 20:09 03 Dec 05
  sidecar sid 20:10 03 Dec 05
  rodger ramjet 20:15 03 Dec 05

Thanks to you all, I had also found the link to click here adn will try it to see if it resolved my problem. I've spent a couple of hours troubleshooting all other known possible issues with no success, and I'll keep the subject open for a while and let you all know if it worked or not. Firstly I'll set a recovery point in my system restore (just incase). Thanks to you all again.

SG Atlantis® 20:15 03 Dec 05

So they say it needs serviced when the ink overflow is full.

I see.

rodger ramjet 19:10 04 Dec 05

PROBLEM SOLVED
After downloading the software, thoroughly cleaning and drying the ink pads and running the application to reset the counter to zero, all is well in the Rodger Ramjet house of printing...thanks to everyone who came to the rescue with suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…