Epson Printer troubles STM3S BackMonnot responding

jonmac 21:43 30 Apr 06

After doing a single print to my Epson Stylus Photo 810 printer via Photoshop CS, if I try another the Photoshop CS stops responding and says "End Prog STM3S"

Also each time I do a print on the Epson my HP Laserjet prints a blank sheet with a smiley face on it!

Any thoughts? I'm running XP Home

Strawballs 22:29 30 Apr 06

Do you use anti spyware and virus software also have you tried uninstalling the epson software and re-installing

goffer23 23:15 30 Apr 06

I did use an Epson760 (now got an R320) with CS and the latter can sometimes throw a 'wobbly. I think STM3s may be to do with the Epson Status Monitor - I would reinstall CS and if necessary the Epson driver. My crashes disappeared after that.

jonmac 06:39 01 May 06

Thanks for that Strawballs and goffer23. The PC is a new one with the same software as the old but I was hoping to avoid reinstalling the Epson software as, for some reason, I always have difficulty with it. However since you've had the same fault I'll do that later today and see if it cures it.

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:16 01 May 06

If you can download newer drivers for printer and status monitor they usually install easily after unzipping.

davidb4775 01:12 04 Nov 06

Has anyone found a solution? I am facing the same thing...down to my HP spitting out a blank sheet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…