Epson Printer Service/Repair Charges

spuds 11:00 15 Oct 07

Just a quick question.

Do Epson have a 'fixed' service charge rate for their printers, or is the charge at the discretion of their approved agents.This also includes individual charges for parts that might possibly be required.

Jaynedoe 11:21 15 Oct 07

the one in Brownhills by us charges a fixed £35 + vat for any repair inc parts but I found it was cheaper to buy another printer.

jack 11:56 15 Oct 07

From my Experience the local computer shop/agent will charge what ever their hour rates happens to be.
Epson do have self employed engineers on the road- may be one in your area. Better yet they operate a swap out scheme that I have had experience of . An R 300 6 months out of warranty when it went 'silly' electronically. I Emailed Epson and they came back and offered a Swap one for a recon., for £45 - Flex your card over the phone
Packed the machine up and next morning Fed Ex turned up with a box and asked for the dud- just like that.
This too eventually went silly and this time the engineer came around - had a play - gave up, and went to has van for another machine - straight swap nothing to pay.

pj123 13:35 15 Oct 07

If you mean the dreaded

"Parts inside your printer need replacing" message, my local Epson Express Repair Centre charge a flat £15 fee to reset it.

Fortunately, I don't have that problem any more.

Both my Epson R220 printers are running on a CIS system and both have been modified to expel the waste ink to a container outside of the printer.

jack 16:01 15 Oct 07

A side ways step PJ I know

Do you use the collected 'waste'
like top of the black tank.

spuds 18:27 15 Oct 07

Thanks for the response everyone.

The reason that I asked the question was due to a conversation the other day with a person who doe's freelance IT repair work for a college. Epson printers came into the conversation including the dreaded 'non-working because the waste tank is full syndrome', and the work plus cost involved in solving that problem.

To cut a long story short, I telephoned two approved Epson Express Service Centre's this morning, and in each case I was given different information regarding costs, for the same job (a quick diagnostic look/check £15/£20. In the conversation I also asked if Epson did a swap service (remembered previously from this forum- perhaps you jack! ), and neither centres had this facility.

This made me think whether Epson had no fixed price structures with their approved service centre agents, hence the original question.

jack 19:51 15 Oct 07

Spuds to clarify
The 'Swap' facility came from Epson direct.
The printer having failed, I E-mailed them and they telephoned me to ask if I wished to avail my self of the facility.
j

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…