Epson Printer Problem

dan_uk_manutd 16:44 24 Jun 06

Hi guys, new here today.
I have a problem with my Epson CX3600.
It was working fine up until about 2 weeks ago, when it has now started to come up with the message: "You do not have permission to use the selected printer. If you need access, contact you network administrator."
I don't understand this, as I am the Administrator/Main User of this PC.
When i go on to printer properties it says: "Printer Properites cannot be displayed. Operation could not be completed/Access Is denied"

Does anybody know what the problem might be here?

If so, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan.

daisy2bell 17:16 24 Jun 06

Have you tried to reinstal the printer?

howard63 17:32 24 Jun 06

try looking in start - run - and then type services.msc look for something like lex server and see if set to auto or stopped also look for spooler and the same settings. You should be able to double click on them and change if set to stopped.

dan_uk_manutd 18:13 24 Jun 06

hi,
just tried that but server and spooler seem to already running and set to auto.

thanks.

woodchip 18:34 24 Jun 06

A lot easier to remove the Printer from Add Remove then check Start\Settings\Printers to make sure the printer as gone. If not right click it and delete. then remove the plug for it from the computer, Restart and load the Epson CD and drivers before you plug the Printer back in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…