epson printer problem

daxian 15:48 08 Sep 04

hi all ....
got a 1290 photo printer given to me to repair ...2 error lights flashing seem to have sorted that .
the guy left out the ink carts possibly for a week and now some of the colours dont work .
is there anything i can do to clear the nozzles on an epson ....tried the utils ,nozzle check and clean, worked once out of 20 times ,i.e got all colors 1 out of twenty then back to crap.
new inks carts installed...any help appreciated.

fsbb 16:21 08 Sep 04

Try here click here

Diemmess 16:44 08 Sep 04

Having just replaced the cartidges and completed the recommended sequence, then switch off and leave it severly alone for several hours. Overnight is better.

This alone has wrked for me in the past when I was "squeezing the last pages" from the cartridge.

The reason must be that sometimes a tiny bubble in the inkways will rise and clear if left alone...... Ink cannot be compressed but an air bubble however tiny, may be enough to stop a dot of ink being squirted out by the piezo crystal head

daxian 18:03 08 Sep 04

hi all....
thanks guys ,gives me something to work on .
got a hp myself ,so much easier to clean ,cos you can get at the heads built in to the cart .

IZZY 18:20 08 Sep 04

If you have look on this site you might find some help.

click here

Scroll to the bottom of the page to download a freeware utility which is claimed to sort out problems with Epson printers.

Haven't used it myself but heard on another site it does work in cleaning and resetting printer heads etc.

Your printer is supported (see 2nd page).

Good Luck, Oh! and I'd like to know how you get on.

IZZY

daxian 14:12 12 Sep 04

hi all ...thanks for all the links and advice .
found the first link very informative,with lots of usefull articles.
izzy..your link was also very good ,have downloaded and tried the utility ,had some problems using the head cleaning function,for the most part the printer just sat there with the power light flashing and after 30 mins had to switch off the printer to try again .
if it did work properly it could save a small fortune in ink ,as it allows you to do the black and colour separatly ...anyway i now have a fully functioning printer ...thank you all .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5