Epson Printer playing up

Indigo 1 14:52 04 Apr 04

My Epson Stylus Photo 870 has started playing up. Sometimes it gets halfway through a document and then goes haywire, it will spit the page out and then start printing random lines of characters and gobbledygook, two to six lines per page amd up to ten pages.

I have downloaded and installed the latest available drivers but no luck.

Sometimes it prints pages fine but it seems to happen most when trying to print jpeg pictures on plain paper.

Any ideas ?

Diodorus Siculus 15:01 04 Apr 04

Can you completely remove the software, unplug the printer cable and then set it up as new. That might sort it out... sometime installing drivers / utilites over current ones, does not work as it should.

Indigo 1 15:30 04 Apr 04

Thanks I will try that.

Indigo 1 16:22 04 Apr 04

Well it seems OK now.

Had a bit of a job to remove all the drivers, 6 in all ! Mostly Microsoft generic printer drivers that would just replace each other as soon as 1 was removed, they all appeared to be active and functional even though I could not see them in the Printer folder. I got it down to 1 which would not allow deletion so installed the new updated Epson drivers, made it the default printer and all seems well. In fact Printing is better, clearer and quicker than before but I have lost the option of monitoring the ink levels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…