Epson printer P50 printing n pink - why?

eysha 16:31 PM 19 Dec 10

Hi, i have spent the day trying to find out why the printer is printing everything in pink even when asked to print in grayscale.
Greyscale is pink and black and coloured printing is mainly in pink too.
I have searched and cannot find the answer so would anyone here know how to correct this problem please?
Many thanks

compumac 16:41 PM 19 Dec 10

Can happen when one or more of the colours in the cartridges have run out

BT 17:01 PM 19 Dec 10

More likely to be blocked head nozzles on one of the colours. If a Cartridge had run out it wouldn't be printing at all.
Try a nozzle check to see, and the a head clean to clear it.

karmgord 19:56 PM 19 Dec 10

cyan empty or blocked.
Nozzle check would show if cyan is missing.
(cyan is blue)

Terry Brown 07:41 AM 20 Dec 10

The Epson P50 uses multple cartridges (all seperate colours), you may need to replace the set for link. click here

stlucia 11:25 AM 20 Dec 10

eysha, what kind of printer have you got? Most (all?) inkjet printers have a "nozzle check" and a "nozzle clean" feature to cure the problem -- assuming that it's not simply because cyan ink has run out.

With my Epson I get to the nozzle check and clean features in Windows XP by clicking on Start, then Settings, then Printers and Faxes. That opens a screen showing my printer(s), then I right-click on the printer's name and select "Properties". The properties menu then has a "Utilities" tab, which I select to find Nozzle Check, Head Cleaning, and Head Print Alignment utilities. Click on Nozzle Check or Head Cleaning, and follow the on-screen instructions.

The menus with other printer brands will be different in detail, but should be similar in function.

stlucia 11:26 AM 20 Dec 10

Oops ... I see what printer you've got, in your heading. It doesn't alter my response ;-)

eysha 14:22 PM 20 Dec 10

Many thanks for all the replies. I cleaned the nozzle and the head cleaning and it is now working again.
Maybe this is a thing with Epson printers.
anyway, May i wish you all a good holiday and again thanks for all the help. E

woodchip 14:53 PM 20 Dec 10

You need to use it regular, also keep it away from Heat

eysha 22:55 PM 20 Dec 10

Thanks Woodchip, i don't really use it that often to be honest and it isn't near heat. I guess i can expect this to eep happening with not using it all the time. E

stlucia 08:04 AM 21 Dec 10

Yes, just like a pen, if you don't use it for a while the ink dries up in the nozzles and needs cleaning out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…