epson printer mularkey

imarcus2 10:30 21 Apr 03

I have an Epson 870 printer installed, pleased with the results even though the ink's expensive.

But its operation does irritate, as now when it comes up with the warning "Status Monitor 3 -- no information on this printer".

The only way to get it back is to shut down and re-boot, and that gets boring after a while.

Anybody any solutions, cure, workaround, or even an explanation please?

MAJ 10:40 21 Apr 03

I notice from this link, click here , it doesn't mention anything about XP, imarcus. If you're using XP, see if there's an update for the system monitor. It also gives instructions on how to stop the system monitor, useful if it gets really irritating and there's no handy fix.

MAJ 10:44 21 Apr 03

Version 3.0a from click here ,imarcus. I don't know if that's the problem but might be worth a try.

MAJ 10:53 21 Apr 03

This link click here mentions a different version, though.

imarcus2 14:19 21 Apr 03

MAJ, thanks for the link -- downloaded newer version of StatusMonitor3. Went in OK and survived 90 mins of heavy printing work, might call it resolved. Many thanks chaps.

had forgotten to specify that PC is on W98, but laptop on WXP [prefer W98 to work with, but WXP seems more stable -- might try for W2000 as a compromise, but that's another story!]

pj123 14:30 21 Apr 03

If you think the ink is expensive I suggest you try this site click here 4 black and 4 colour for £35. That works out at £4.38 per cartridge. I use them all the time.

MAJ 18:13 21 Apr 03

Happy to help, imarcus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…