Epson Printer, marks on print.

Epirb406 18:50 13 Jul 03

Hi all, finally back online and with new PC up and running fine (anyone who really wants the detail of the problem solving, ask but I won't bore anyone with details!

So to current prob, have invested in an Epson Stylus C82 after a good deal of reading and a good PCA review.

However I have had a problem from print 1! The paper feed on the exit of the printer has three small plastic wheels on the feed bar, these are marking my photo prints.

Anyone else encountered this or got any solutions???

Thanks, Epirb.

grabster 19:00 13 Jul 03

Hi, ive a similar problem with my c42 plus.Assume it's down to using compatible ink carts ???
Dont print much myself...mainly my son and his cheats and the odd photo so sorta learned to live with it .
Funny...same thing happened to my old epson 480 stylus as well. Hmmm...

Epirb406 19:03 13 Jul 03

Using Epson original carts here, the ones that came with the machine!

And errrrr. what is your sons "cheats"?

Epirb.

Bagsey 19:04 13 Jul 03

Are the marks caused by excess ink being smudged by the rollers. If so reduce the print quality untill the ne cartridges settle down. I have often found the new carts dish out mor ink than you need, so a lower qualtiy setting cuts this down until the ink carts are RUN in.

The Sack 19:06 13 Jul 03

My C62 does it, it is the spikey metal wheels on mine that put a line of dots in to the print the full length of the page.

grabster 19:08 13 Jul 03

Bona fide cheats only i assure you ,He feels the need to cheat on just about every game he plays :)

Pesala 19:09 13 Jul 03

When using glossy photo paper I found the prints had to be left to dry for several minutes or they would mark very easily on handling.

Check that you are using the correct media type settings. The Photo Enhance settings can also have a significant effect on colour accuracy.

Try different media. I got excellent results on Kodak Bright White Inkjet paper, which is inexpensive. Datacopy laser paper also gives satisfactory results, and that is really cheap.

I think glossy papers are less absorbent, so try a Matte paper if you want photo quality.

Epirb406 19:10 13 Jul 03

Blimey, if they had mentione that in the reviews then maybe I wouldn't have bought!!

Seriously though, how am I as average punter supposed to guess when the ink cartriges ahve settled down???

Its defintly a case of wet ink reaching the rollers though, it , most consideratly happens before my eyes.

Think that even taking the printer apart and removing the collection tray would help but surely I shouldn't have to!!

Any more experiences?

Cheers, Epirb.

grabster 19:13 13 Jul 03

Pssst...Any c42 owners know how i can reduce the print quality cos it prints every thing in top quality despite me changing the print options which takes bloomin ages.

paddyjack 19:13 13 Jul 03

Have owned several Epson printers have had the same problem on all of them. I find it only becomes noticeable on Photo paper Gloss. Unless you tell people you will not really notice these 'track marks'. I also found that the weight of the paper dose not matters.

Epirb406 19:18 13 Jul 03

Well, glad to know I'm not alone Sack, ever found a solution?

Pesala, I think you are right, if I used more absorbant paper the problem may be solved but I bought the printere as a budget way of Photo printing and would like glossy prints.

Am using Agfa (they should know a thing or two about photos) glossy paper, advertised on the box as "suitable for ALL inkjet printers"

I wasn't supposed to guess this was going to happen if I read all the reviews, bought the best paper I could and told the printer to use the best resolution it could, was I?

Cheers, all for input, look forward to more, Epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…