Epson printer keeps reinstalling

badgermansix 22:02 19 Nov 04

WindowXP HE SP1.

after reinstalling winxp I installed my Epson printer, following the instruction, the printer runs o.k. but everytime I switch on the PC, the "Found New Hardware" window opens telling me it has found the printer again.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled cleaned the registry, installed it after "Found new hardware" but I cannot resolve this very irritating little problem, which I should not be getting after a complete new install of Winxp. any ideas please?

hugh-265156 00:30 20 Nov 04

try waiting until windows starts up and then turn on the printer afterwards maybe.

Cook2 01:06 20 Nov 04

I also followed the Epson instructions, which I believe were incorrect, and had problems.

Uninstall your printer. Re-install your drivers.
Make sure your printer is off. Reboot. Start printer. The drivers should then install OK.

anchor 09:37 20 Nov 04

A good idea to also check on the Epson site that you have the latest XP drivers.

badgermansix 22:32 22 Nov 04

Thanks for the advice,

huggyg71, I have tried turning on the printer after start up but still get the found new hardware message.

Cook2, How do I re install the drivers on their own?

anchor, will do.

thanks

Cook2 00:05 23 Nov 04

Try click here and enter your printer details and try downloading from Epson direct. Keep your printer off unless it tells you to switch on. Otherwise re-boot after installing the drivers and it should detect new hardware when you switch the printer on.

Cook2 00:07 23 Nov 04

Try click here and enter your printer details and try downloading from Epson direct. Keep your printer off unless it tells you to switch on. Otherwise re-boot after installing the drivers and it should detect new hardware when you switch the printer on.

badgermansix 07:43 09 Dec 04

Thanks for everyone's imput, sorry it took so long to reply but I have been practicing(?).

I emailed Epson support about this, they told me it was a windows problem and directed me to here. click here;en-us;298370 , for while I was unable to delete the Registry key until I found that I did not have "Permission" (within the Registry), once I sorted that out, it was fine.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…