Epson printer keeps reinstalling

badgermansix 22:02 19 Nov 04

WindowXP HE SP1.

after reinstalling winxp I installed my Epson printer, following the instruction, the printer runs o.k. but everytime I switch on the PC, the "Found New Hardware" window opens telling me it has found the printer again.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled cleaned the registry, installed it after "Found new hardware" but I cannot resolve this very irritating little problem, which I should not be getting after a complete new install of Winxp. any ideas please?

hugh-265156 00:30 20 Nov 04

try waiting until windows starts up and then turn on the printer afterwards maybe.

Cook2 01:06 20 Nov 04

I also followed the Epson instructions, which I believe were incorrect, and had problems.

Uninstall your printer. Re-install your drivers.
Make sure your printer is off. Reboot. Start printer. The drivers should then install OK.

anchor 09:37 20 Nov 04

A good idea to also check on the Epson site that you have the latest XP drivers.

badgermansix 22:32 22 Nov 04

Thanks for the advice,

huggyg71, I have tried turning on the printer after start up but still get the found new hardware message.

Cook2, How do I re install the drivers on their own?

anchor, will do.

thanks

Cook2 00:05 23 Nov 04

Try click here and enter your printer details and try downloading from Epson direct. Keep your printer off unless it tells you to switch on. Otherwise re-boot after installing the drivers and it should detect new hardware when you switch the printer on.

Cook2 00:07 23 Nov 04

Try click here and enter your printer details and try downloading from Epson direct. Keep your printer off unless it tells you to switch on. Otherwise re-boot after installing the drivers and it should detect new hardware when you switch the printer on.

badgermansix 07:43 09 Dec 04

Thanks for everyone's imput, sorry it took so long to reply but I have been practicing(?).

I emailed Epson support about this, they told me it was a windows problem and directed me to here. click here;en-us;298370 , for while I was unable to delete the Registry key until I found that I did not have "Permission" (within the Registry), once I sorted that out, it was fine.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes