Epson Printer keeps crashing my PC ?

Tinkey Winkey 22:46 03 Oct 05

Whenever I try to use the printer utility to clean the heads on my Epson 2100 it crashes the pc with the error message 'windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close'.I have to restart the PC manually.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times - both the original cd driver aswell as the latest drivers downloaded from Epson.

Any ideas please ?

josie mayhem 23:53 03 Oct 05

No idea's

But have you contacted epson, a direct e-mail via there support services, I've always found them very helpfull.

It seems somewhere you have a conflict, have you installed something since you had your printer?

If so try unistalling this to see if this solves the problem.

Then prehaps some-one can help from here.

€dstowe 06:28 04 Oct 05

Not an answer to your problem but you seem to indicate that you use the head cleaning facility quite frequently.

This should not be necessary and, I don't think I have ever used the head cleaning on my Epsons - of which there are a number.

Head cleaning wastes an awful lot of ink (= money). You should be able to maintain the heads in good condition by printing a colour test page about once a week if you don't use your printer very often. This uses far less ink than cleaning the heads.

If you use the printer frequently and find you need to clean the heads then there is someting wrong with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…