Epson Printer - irritation.

GORAL 16:33 26 Oct 04

Hi Chaps

I use an Epson CX6400 all-in-one. I cannot be alone(?) in using 'compatible' cartridges, but find it a bit annoying that whenever I print a warning screen appears telling me that the ink cartridges are not Epson originals (as if I didn't know!), and asking if I still want to proceed. Clicking 'Yes' results in a print.

Any ideas how to get rid of this please. Advice so far has failed.

joseph K 18:51 26 Oct 04

click here refurbish cartridges before reselling them as 'clones'. Should you buy one from here then I think you may have less of a problem. There are of course other companies that refurb cartridges in this way.

Whatever, I'm sure this would be better than using a copy-compatable.

GORAL 19:46 26 Oct 04

joseph K -- Thanks for your helpful advice. I have ordered a 'set' of cartridges from Phoenix who advise that only on the first occasion I choose to print with their brand of cartridge will I get the warning message and thereafter I will not.

I hope they are right! I am not really convinced (yet) - but their prices are identical with those of my current supplier, so here's hoping.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…