epson printer error message

mantas 14:30 31 May 03

My printer works fine, but if I boot up my windows xp professional with the printer switched of I get the printer status icon in my tool bar with the following message epson ebapi dummy document data>. when I switchon printer it disappears.
It is annoying more than anything else. I also have laser printer installed and a pDF print drivers
anythoughts

Spencus 12:07 01 Jun 03

Have you tried click here if the faqs page cant help, email a techie they usually respond within 24 hrs

mantas 12:12 01 Jun 03

yes tried that, but got no reply from techie

Spencus 12:41 01 Jun 03

Sorry about that, I e-mailed them on thursday got a reply on friday

meatlaff2 13:33 01 Jun 03

I'm not familiar with xp, seems like most of the probs on here concern xp. I have an old epson 760 and have very few probs with it. However, if i do get an error prob, i un install it then re in stall, I'm on win me so i don't know if this would work with xp. Other than that, go to start/run type msconfig. go to stsrt up tab and un tic everything except sys tray. Then again, this works for me coz i'm on win me. May not work with xp.

-pops- 14:22 01 Jun 03

I get this and I completely ignore it. I don't think it is important enough a problem to potentially mess up your computer just because an icon appears in the sys tray. You can, if you want, hide all unused/excess icons by right clicking the blue bar (where there is the Log Off/turn Off computer icons), click Taskbar then Customise. You will then be able to show/hide any or all the icons you wish.

I too have multiple printers attached.

Brian

Rayuk 15:06 01 Jun 03

Is this any help
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…