epson printer driver problem

stileguru 21:36 PM 05 Oct 12

Just replaced an Epson printer with an HP one. Tried to uninstall Epson software using control panel route but got the message "Printer Driver Cannot be Deleted". Tried stopping spooler but when uninstalling the printer the message changes to "No devices could be found". The printer can be deleted from the printers list, but re-appears later on. Can anyone help out here? Windows 7 home premium x64, Dell XPS17.

rdave13 21:56 PM 05 Oct 12

Looks to me that you didn't uninstall the Epsom printer correctly before installing the HP. You should only uninstall a printer whilst still connected to your PC. Otherwise it won't find a hardware to uninstall.

stileguru 21:36 PM 08 Oct 12

I installed the hp before trying to uninstall the Epson Creativity suite software, although the epson printer wasn't connected. Pity I haven't got the epson printer now so can't reconnect it. Any further suggestions?

Devil Fish 00:50 AM 09 Oct 12

if just software try revo download free version for drivers go to device manager

revo http://www.revouninstaller.com/revouninstallerfree_download.html

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites