epson printer connection lost

southview 04 Aug 12

I have a epson RX560 all in one printer which is conected by cable (usb port) to my windows 7 64 bit laptop, all I can print is a test page, there is no response except message that says that my work has been sent to the printer. I have contacted epson support and they do not recognise RX560 as one of their products which is in fact still advertised by some suppliers I am at a loss as to what to do next. This printer has given good service in the past and I would like to keep it if it would only work! Can anyone please help?

southview 04 Aug 12

KRONOS the First 04 Aug 12

I would remove all the drivers then download and install fresh copies from here and see if that helps. RX560 drivers.

spuds 04 Aug 12

The symptoms mentioned usually indicate a driver issue, so try the link supplied by Chronus. Make sure that you do a fresh re-install.

southview 04 Aug 12

Chronus, Thank you for your help, I removed old drivers and attempted to reistall as you advised, however although the subsidory drivers downloaded ok when I try to download the printer drivers there is a message thatt the printer is not connected but in fact it is and is turned on all lights are on and the copy facility works ok What now! I looked on the microsoft site and it clearly states that the drivers are available. So I am stuck at present.I would be grateful for any advice.

onthelimit1 04 Aug 12

Try a different USB port?

spuds 04 Aug 12

Disconnect the printer (power off, cables removed), then re-install as a new device.

southview 05 Aug 12

I have now tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers for my epson RX560 I have checked the cables changed the usb port still can only print a test sheet, cannot scan (message says scanner cannot be started)s where do I go from here? I am truly grateful for the helpful advice but it would seem that this equipment just does not like windows 7 despite microsoft saying it is compatable. Southview

KRONOS the First 05 Aug 12

Faulty printer perhaps? Is it possible to try it in another PC preferably not one that is Windows 7?

spuds 05 Aug 12

Epson have a number of engineer's (authorised agents) around the UK. Might pay to have a word with one local to you, if you cannot test the printer on another computer which doesn't have W7.

If you do contact an agent, then they might request that you take the printer in for a check. Check the charges first because these can and do vary depending on the agent. They may also offer a trade-in on special promotions, perhaps to something more compatible to W7 or future W8. Consider any offers carefully, it could or could not be to your advantage?.

I haven't checked, but you could try http://www.fixyourownprinter.com

rdave13 05 Aug 12

Have a look at this thread. suenay's post said that it was neglected to select the version for USB and to set new default.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message