Epson printer Communication Error message

Trikie 21:44 13 Sep 03

Epson Photo 890 has been no problem til today.

Yesterday, with advice from the Forum Editor I changed the default opening of PDF files from Photoshop to Acrobat.

May be co-incidence but I now keep getting Communication Error message when printing - sometimes the printer runs despite this, other times it doesn't. Looking at Printers and Faxes I now have a second printer listed - Adobe PDFWriter.

All sugestions very welcome. Thanks.

Jester2K II 21:48 13 Sep 03

Does the "new" printer have a tick next to it??

If so right click the Epson and select "Make Default Printer" (or simalar)

Trikie 21:22 18 Sep 03

Thanks Jester2Kll. Whereabouts do I find the screen with the "new" printer and tick?

Jester2K II 21:29 18 Sep 03

In Printers And Faxes.

The one with the tick is the default printer (the one windows will try unless you tell it otherwise)

My suggestion is this. The Adobe PDFWriter has become the default (ticked) printer so when you try to print it prints to this printer. If so to fix it right click the Epson and select "Set As Default"

then try

Trikie 21:41 18 Sep 03

Thanks. A snag - the menu when right clicking on the Epson printer does not include any reference to Default (The Adobe one does)

Jester2K II 21:43 18 Sep 03

If the Adobe one say Set To Default then the Epson one is the default already and i am stuck.

Does the Epson printer Icon have a black circle with a white tick that the Adobe one doesn't?

Trikie 22:09 18 Sep 03

Yes.

Now when I get the Communication Error message Epson still prints but leaves the error message on screen until it's finished. Odd, but I think I'll learn to live with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…