Epson printer communication error

Sapins 18:40 PM 27 May 11

I have a desktop running Windows 7, which is connected via an ethernet connection to a netgear DG834G v2 router, it was running XP Home SP3, and a laptop running XP Home with a wirles connection. My printer was working fine from both systems until I installed Windows 7 on the desktop now the printer will not print from the laptop, I keep getting "communication error or printer not ready". I have followed the this article from Microsoft http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/sharing-files-and-printers-with-different-versions-of-windows but to no avail.

ashleycardwell94 19:18 PM 27 May 11

is the printer connected to the desktop? first check that they are both on the same workgroup and make sure printer sharing is enabled in windows 7. ( network and sharing center )

Sapins 22:07 PM 27 May 11

Printer is connected to desktop and I have confirmed both on same workgroup and printer sharing enabled on desktop and laptop.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…