Epson PrintCD - an unexpected find

Stuartli 16:15 26 Jul 09

There have been a number of queries with regard to Epson's PrintCD software recently from forum members who have mislaid or don't have a printer's installation disk.

PrintCD hasn't been available on the Epson website's support section because it's third party software and something that has proved disappointing for many.

However, on a check for possible new Epson R300 printer drivers today I came across a surprise - the means to download PrintCD at last..:-)

Here's the link (it happens to be on the page for my R300) but a search of the website doesn't turn it up elsewhere:

click here#

Technotiger 17:58 26 Jul 09

If I remember correctly, I did mention at that time, that Print CD came with my R300.

Technotiger 17:59 26 Jul 09

PS - I meant to add - and also with my present R360.

TonyV 19:08 26 Jul 09

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R300, and had the earlier version of the Print CD software. (I hasten to add I never actually used it!). Following your link, I downloaded the new version and installed that then un-installed the earlier version.

I made up a disk label and inserted it in to the printer in the vain hope I could print it.

It tells me the printer driver for CD Printer is not installed. Would it be politic to download and install the Software listed as Easy Print Module and the driver version 5.5b? I have no idea what driver is installed but it goes back a few years now! There is something called Epson Colour Printing System Version 5.51, in the properties for the printer, which may be the driver, but I am not sure.

Cheers

TonyV

Stuartli 19:19 26 Jul 09

>>I did mention at that time, that Print CD came with my R300.>>

It came with my R300 - however, on occasions, there have been requests for PrintCD because the installation disk has been lost or gone missing, as it could not be downloaded from the Epson website.

TonyV

The 5.5b is the latest R300 driver. PrintCD is for creating CD/DVD covers and track listings when printing on a media disk using the R300 or appropriate Epson printer.

TonyV 19:26 26 Jul 09

Yes, my copy came with my original disc when I bought the printer. I just thought I would get the latest version! I'll install the 5.5b driver and hope that that has the requisite driver for the CD printing.

Cheers

TonyV

TonyV 19:42 26 Jul 09

Put the new driver in but still it says the driver for CD printing is not installed. I'll probably now delete the facility and try to re-load the original version from my original CD. Something about the best laid plans of mice and men!!

TonyV

Stuartli 19:52 26 Jul 09

You appear to be somewhat confused..:-)

The 5.5b driver is the Epson R300 printer driver.

PrintCD (latest version, which I've installed earlier, is epson324514.exe)

TonyV 20:28 26 Jul 09

Yes that's right. But when I installed epson324514.exe, it will not pick up the printer driver and I get the error message continually that it is not installed.

I have now installed my original copy of the PrintCD along with the original Driver that came with the Epson CD when I bought the printer. Everything now, as far as Print CD is concerned is fine and prints without the warning. The version of PrntCD I am using now is 1.20e. The one that does not function is 2.00.00E.

It was a try though!

Cheers

TonyV

TonyV 10:31 27 Jul 09

Thought you would like to know that I went on to Google and found a query covering my problem. The response was on the Epson site, click here which said that the Easy Print Module had to be installed to get rid of the continual error message. This I have now done, and the new version of Epson PrintCD seems to be functioning as it should!.

Cheers

TonyV

Stuartli 10:49 27 Jul 09

I uninstalled my original version of PrintCD and then installed the new version (2.00.00E). There were/have been no apparent problems, although I haven't actually used it in anger yet.

I have never had Easy Print Module installed at any time...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac