Epson Photo RX620 incompatibility Install problem

gerry8 20:17 11 Feb 15

Epson stylus photo R x 620. I have had this robust printer for eight or nine years and am reluctant to part with it as I am advised that later versions are far less well built. I have now changed my computer which is running Windows 8.1. When I tried to install the printer I got a message is that there was a compatibility issue. The windows troubleshooter returned no result and I tried to install without resolving the issue. (As advised by Epson support website). The printer appears in Control Panel but when I tried to print or scan, the printer is not recognised and I'd get the message that the scanner is not ready. I have tried Updating the driver which I believe maybe the problem. I have used the windows driver wizard without success and cannot find a driver for this model on the Epson support site. Curiously, when I right-click on the Printer in control panel, I can test the scanner and get the message that the device successfully completed the test! I can also get a preview and scan but he document form here but cannot make any adjustment Further from "customise your Printer" I was able to print a windows test page which produced a host of information about the Printer including "driver version 6.1 0.6385 0.0. There is also a list of additional print driver files. I can also get a print dialogue from File/print but without, for example, an option for print preview. Can anyone help please?

Devil Fish 21:05 11 Feb 15

instructions for manual install any help ?

click here

gerry8 23:39 11 Feb 15

Thanks. Sadly, I got as far as sending the test page to the printr. Then an error message; I have removed the copy.

beeuuem 00:32 12 Feb 15

Have you tried the driver from click here ?

gerry8 12:08 13 Feb 15

Thanks for these replies. Unfortunately no luck. Adding a printer - new copy didn't work and existing one with its' limited functions was totally disabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5