Epson Photo 810 Driver removal on WinXP

Giggle n' Bits 13:54 30 May 04

Accidently installed the Epson driver in spanish and now I am unalbe to install the english driver as on every restart the spanish driver comes back again.
I have tried disable sys restore in XP and installing the newer with no luck.
Tried removing all entries in regsitry for the Epson photo 810 and 2 of the entries won't delete.

How do you vamp out an unwanted driver from XP or is it a format and reinstall or a new printer ?

Help please, need to print work off for Tue.

marjted 16:22 30 May 04

Am sure there are possibly easier ways but I resolved a similar problem on a neighbour's PC by downloading the driver from the Epson website and storing this file on a USB memory pen (not sre if this is the correct term). When I opened this up on my neighbour's PC, it asked me whethewr I wanted to overwrite the 'Portugese' language version which was already installed.
Job done.

An alternative to the memory pen could be to write it to a CD.

Hope this is of help.

thms 16:32 30 May 04

Go to controlpanel/add/remove and uninstall epson printer software.

You may have to re-install original driver first if you've fiddled with the registry.

Eastender 16:33 30 May 04

Have you tried deleting it in Control Panel>Printers and Faxes?

Giggle n' Bits 23:40 30 May 04

and also removed from Printers in control panel.
In Me and 98, there use to be a place where all the drivers comand lines were. Erh like Sys.ini but where in XP I wonder do they reside ?

I have got the Epson drivers from Epson site and in UK and for XP but they won't stay put on the machine.

Where if anyone knows I wonder is the system restore files kept, anything in there realting drivers ?

Giggle n' Bits 01:37 31 May 04

not just by removing the Epson entries in Add/remove progs will work, you need to manually delete very carefully all Epson printer entries in the Registry for XP then restart on exit.

then do a files search including hidden system files and remove all entries for the printer in question and any folders included.

Then run a reg clean tool to remove the rest as the manual remove in registry help somehow to expose more when reg clean.

Restart and install Driver (Make sure its English UK) restart then the Status 3 monitor restart.

Walla !

Bobby237 13:23 31 May 04

you need to removev everything in the w32x86 folder (assuming you have no other printers) and also remove from add/remove progs etc.
Then copy English folder onto desktop from CD and install from there.

Stuartli 13:48 31 May 04

For future reference:

Windows XP and 2000 users must disable the printer's memory card drive before turning off the printer and unplugging the USB cable.

Then use Control Panel>Add/Remove to delete the driver.

Windows XP and 2000 users, to install the driver again, make sure the printer is turned off. Then reboot the computer and connect the USB cable before inserting the printer software CD-ROM

click here

XP Help and Support:

Open Printers and Faxes.

Right-click the printer for which you want to change drivers and then click Properties.

On the Advanced tab, click New Driver to install a new or updated version of the printer driver using the Add Printer Driver Wizard.

Click Next, and then do one of the following:
Click the appropriate printer manufacturer and printer model if the new or updated driver is on the list.

Click Have Disk if the printer driver is not included in the list or if you have received a new or updated driver on CD or diskette from the printer manufacturer, type the path where the driver is located, and then click OK.

Click Next, then follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing the printer driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…