Epson non original cartridges

crazy printer 23:13 10 Jan 06

I have an Epson CX3600. I have tried to use a non original ink cartridge. I get the message " Use Epson Original Cartridge ". I am a student.

Can anyone help please?

Damn Machine 23:26 10 Jan 06

I have an Epson CX3600. I use Print-Rite non Epson catridges. Under £3 per cartridge and I have no problems.

I get mine from click here.

NB. If you try these make sure you remove the tape from the top, otherwise the ink doesn't come out and you make yourself look like an idiot taking it for repair.

Kev.Ifty 23:47 10 Jan 06

Isn't the message warning you of Non Epson cartridges and asking if you "wish to continue"?

Click 'Yes' See what happens.

;-) Kev

Totally-braindead 23:49 10 Jan 06

I think you will find that Kev.Ifty is correct. That is the message I get with my 2 Epsons as well, just click yes to use the non Epson cartridge.

crazy printer 09:34 11 Jan 06

Many thanks for your reply. The message is clear. It says " Use original Epson Cartridge ". There is no option to continue.
I think Epson have added a security lock to their printer memory chips. I may be wrong though.

I used Datawrite - father bought me 75 of these. I must add that, my father has the Epson R300 and with under £1 per cartridge and perfect results every time, he thought that, I would be happy to have a large stock.

Could there be a "fix" for the Epson software?

jack 10:45 11 Jan 06

This looks like another Epson mod to keep it all in the family.
Try downloading the Epson utility from click here
When loaded it places an icon on the lower tool bar
right click and a pop up menu with a selection of devices theron comes up.
You could try reset counters for starters.
Then the install cart for second
see what happens

Also Email to the Cart supplier they may have suggestions to oofer.

BigAl127 11:18 11 Jan 06

I've had the Epson CX3600 for well over 6 months now, and it quite happily accepts NON Epson Cartridges.

The instructions on my cartridges say " After installing, if printer can't recognise the cartridge, please re-install until it shows ok"

Also about clicking continue, if you get the "NOT an Epson product". Although I realise you've said you don't get this option.

Totally-braindead 13:21 11 Jan 06

I'm wondering if its a new printer driver with something to stop you using compatibles, as I'm sure we all know Epson have been taking to court various compatible cart manufacturers. If that is what it is then if you can get the previous driver it may solve this.

crazy printer 22:55 13 Jan 06

Dear Damn Machine,

I have ordered ONE Cartridge from the link you kindly supplied. I shall keep you posted.

The Ink World has offered a total refund or exchange so far.

I am talking to UKDVDR as I bought 40 of their brand.

Best regards.

Damn Machine 23:21 13 Jan 06

I hope it works, but I've been thinking about:

"I'm wondering if its a new printer driver with something to stop you using compatibles"

I don't know how old your printer is, but mine is about a year old, so it is possible that Epson (in their normal helpful way) have taken steps to stop people saving money. The product itself is fine, but I'd never buy another Epson product.

crazy printer 05:13 14 Jan 06

Dear Damn Machine,

My CX3600 was bought for me last July. Do you think that, it is possible for Epson to change the driver software during this time?

Would it possible for you to give me the version number?

Best regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…