Epson LQ100 B/W printer, needed

mrsp 21:07 27 Mar 04

Please, does anyone have an Epson LQ Printer or similar, printer hiden away that you have no further use for ?. We have an old Dos program that we have our files on, and need to print them out. Modern day printers do not want to know, and it is making life very difficult. We have tried to transfer the actual files to a more up todate program with no sucess. Many thanks.

SANTOS7 23:18 27 Mar 04

click here
have a look here mrsp i think they might have what your looking for, good luck

SANTOS7 23:20 27 Mar 04

sorry didn't see the date of the news letter but you never know!!!!

mrsp 16:00 28 Mar 04

Thanks Santos, I had seen that one it's dated year 2000. Cheers

woodchip 16:04 28 Mar 04

Why not do it in a dos window with a printer. Instead of Dos prompt

mrsp 17:36 28 Mar 04

How do I do that ? cheers

QuickHare 18:44 28 Mar 04

Open Control Panel, and go to Printers.
Select the printer you wish to print on, and right-click it and click on "Properties...".

When the box appears, find the button (Generally under "Details" for Win9x) that says "Port Settings" or similar. Click it and tick the box that says "Spool MS-DOS Print Jobs".

Keep clicking OK until you're back to Control Panel/Printers.

---

Now you run the program in Windows. To do this, Click Start, Run and type "COMMAND" (Win 95/98/Me) or "CMD" (WinNT/XP) and press enter.

A window should appear with a DOS prompt inside. If this is how you run your program, use this. The DOS prompt may be full screen.

---

If you put a disk in the drive and switch on, then open the disk in My Computer and find the program that opens the program you want. It will open the DOS window for you in this case.

Hope this helps somewhat.

woodchip 20:10 28 Mar 04

Look for the Program on your Hard Disc in windows Explorer as all Files should show, even DOS programs and games, look for the Program .EXE file and first double click the file to see if it will start a DOS MODE window as you can use the mouse and printer in a DOS Window. If not make a not of the Path to the Program then Open a DOS MODE window and navigate to the Proram and run or type the Program DOS name in DOS MODE and press enter. see how it goes You should have a MS-Dos prompt in your program start group

woodchip 20:15 28 Mar 04

If you open a MS DOS mode window you have to type edit to get to see your files you can then navigate to the program and the files there is also a print facility in the menu under file

woodchip 20:24 28 Mar 04

What format are the docs in. If they are not too important and not too big you could send one and I could try changing the File to print in windows for you and send it back I may have a better idea on what to tell you to do

mrsp 01:08 04 Apr 04

I am sorry, I sent a reply to you on Thursday, it doesn't seem to have been added on. Anyway, I
have not yet succeeded to print yet, still trying. I will probably be back. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac