epson laser printer smells like burning when print

skaria 20:12 13 Jan 05

hi guys, i recently bought an epson aculase c900, and everytime i now print, it smellsi like something is buring. Doyou guys have any idea why. I recently replaced the black toner. thanks in advance!!!!!!!!! Skaria

pb457 20:22 13 Jan 05

I learnt about how photocopiers work in physics and i think laser printer work in the same way. It works because of static electricity. Negative charges are placed onto the paper in all the relevant places, so for example if you had a big X on your page it would but lots of positive electrons on the paper the paper would then go to the toner where it blasts black powder on to the sheet of paper, this powder is naturally negatively charged so it sticks to the paper in the correct places. The paper then goes to the heater where it gets heated to make sure the powder or ink is burnt on, this is why paper is warm when it comes out, this could be you problem. I think it could be that some powder has stuck on the heating element.
Hope this helps

pb457 20:22 13 Jan 05

sorry the toner powder is negative and the charges are positive

skaria 20:23 13 Jan 05

thanks a lot for that. youll be a good pohyician one day!!! lol. does anybody know how i can clear "the powder" stuck on. thanks skaria

skaria 18:26 16 Jan 05

thankspb5457, but it was the paper. i put in some laser paper and now itrs fine. thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…