Epson inkjet printer not recognising cartridges

techieuseless 20:43 PM 02 Sep 12

My Epson SX400 all-in-one is nearly 3yrs old. Since nearly new I've used same compatibles (Jet-Tec set of four) from same firm. After one cartridge ran out I found replacement wasn't recognised & promptly rejected the other three already installed semi filled cartridges. A new set was no more successful until I ended up with 10 full cartridges that were not recognised. I tried installing one at time, cleaning printheads and reinstalling driver. Is it a case of replacing a part in machine or time to scrap the whole device?

ams4127 20:52 PM 02 Sep 12

You will probably need a "Chip Resetter" tool. You should be able to find one on Ebay for about £10 - £15.

techieuseless 21:20 PM 02 Sep 12

Thank you for this quick response. Another learning curve for me!

woodchip 22:54 PM 02 Sep 12

Check this out also

Click Hear for Reset Tool

No warranty as to integrity of site but there are a lot on the net under Google Reset Tool for your printer

Muergo 00:48 AM 03 Sep 12

I don't know the construction of Epson cartridges but on my Canon, when I used to run compatibles I used the chips off genuine ones to stick onto the compatibles.

I only use genuine ones now as I found the quality far superior for colour.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…