Epson Inkjet carts - Epson or "other" ?

Muckleface 22:14 28 Jul 03

Hi,

I have an Epson 900 inkjet printer.

The ink cartridges are running low so I need to buy some more.

Should I buy official Epson ink carts or other brands epson compatable ink carts?

I want the BEST quality that my printer can produce as I use it a lot for photo printing.

Many thanks,

Jordan

Pesala 22:19 28 Jul 03

The only problem you might find with compatibles in my experience is that the heads need cleaning more often. If you do a lot of printing, that shouldn't be problem. The cost savings are significant. I buy Jettec cartridges from Westlakes for my C80 which are £7 for colour and £14 for black. Print quality is the same. Choice Stationery are cheaper still.

spuds 00:34 29 Jul 03

This question as been raised many times within the forum. Compatibles are just as good and much cheaper. Choice Stationary worth a try click here or click here

Tenner 00:54 29 Jul 03

Tried the old favourite click here ?

Regards

richierich 08:12 29 Jul 03

A someone who has a done a lot of photo printing with epson printers I have found;
sometimes 3rd party makes are just as good as epsons, sometimes they are not, sometimes colours not as saturated. This occurs even from a 3rd party cartridge from one batch to another.
If you want absolute consistancy at all cost stick to epson. If you are prepared to notice occasional variance and are prepared to compensate a little with colour correction you can save yourself a lot of money if you shop around for differnt makes.
Another option is the kits for refilling cartridges. Dont touch with a bargepoll, they are messy, time consuming and are likely to clog your printheads.

wotan 21:41 29 Jul 03

I agree with 'spuds'. I have been using Choice Compatibles for about 2years and am satisfied with both the quality and cost. I do a lot of photo printing and re-building old , damaged photos so it is quite important to get a good colour match. Choice have a large range of cartridges and papers to cover most printers and uses, give them a try.
Wotan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…