Epson inkjet 1290 card feeding problem

greybeard 23:26 15 Jan 06

Epson don't give any info for card weight or thickness for the 1290 printer.
I have been successfully feeding my coated card through, but now it doesn't pick up the card.
I've tried one at a time, but I suspect it may be the rollers have become coated with dust/grime.
Anyone have a cure or mod ?

No, it's out of warranty, and this is a request aimed at anyone with similar experience or who knows of a good link to a useful site.
Many thanks.

Kev.Ifty 23:48 15 Jan 06

Help Forum

click here+

The next one opens a pdf manual for your printer.

click here

Cheers Kev.

greybeard 00:16 16 Jan 06

Thanks for the links. The first one looks good, but I'll have toput off reading it alluntil the morning !
The second I have in paper form - not much help from epson there I'm afraid.
I've also just founf a service manual cd supplier which looks promising.
I'll leave this post open till I've found the solution.
Many thanks.

Peter 00:25 16 Jan 06

I have an Epson R800 and have found that form feeding light-weight (160gsm) card, with some, not too much, Isoprpyl Alcohol on it, through the printer, helps clean up the dust and grim from the paper feed rollers. You may need to help the wet card through the printer at first and you will need to send the card through the printer several times.

You can obtain Isoprpyl Alcohol from many chemists although you might get the third degree as to why you should want it.

Peter.

greybeard 08:39 16 Jan 06

Brilliant - I just happen to have ipa as a useful solvent on my shelves !
Many thanks.
I've also found 2manuals.com as a download site for service manuals, so I shall have some backup soon, as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac