epson ink cartridges

steve_rfc 15:49 15 Nov 07

i bought compatible ink cartridges for my epson r265 photo stylus printer but when i go and check my ink levels it has a cross over the colour can anyone shed some light on why ???

jack 17:25 15 Nov 07

The Feature is is not recognising those particular chips- The ink status monitor is a software fudge which records the number of pages passed through the machine - there is not direct link to ink level as sduch[as a Fuel guage in a car may be.]
If this is a problem to you the way around it is to
pick off the chips from a genuine[or comapt] set that did work and replace them fro cart to cart.
You will need to aquire a 'Zap-It tool to re set the carts- or down load the Epson utility from click here

pj123 17:33 15 Nov 07

Alternatively, of course, buy your ink from Choice Stationery, guaranteed to work.

That's where I get mine from.

click here

Technotiger 19:05 15 Nov 07

I also have an R265, I have been buying my inks form Choice for years, never had any problems - and ink monitor works as normal.

Totally-braindead 19:11 15 Nov 07

I use Choice as well.

Only ever had one problem. The colour head wouldn't work properly( blocked heads) when I changed cartridges and I had to keep cleaning it until the cartridge was nearly empty before it worked ok, contacted Choice and explained to them and pointed out the I had also ended up emptying the black because of all the head cleaning, 2 days later got a new colour and black at no charge.

Can't say fairer than that.

denboe 19:21 15 Nov 07

I am having trouble with my Pioneer dvr-112 writer.
DVD's ok. C.D. burning results in blank passages and blips on play-back. Dealer can't find a fault.
I have tried different makes of discs and different burn speeds. Play-back on different players is the same. Parts of the recording missing and noise interference.
Can anyone recommend a good reliable dvd/cd writer.
I know technology isn't perfect at the best of times but it's got to be better than this!

denboe 19:37 15 Nov 07

Please ignore my last posting, sent to wrong section.
I blame it on the 'flu!

harriss 19:51 15 Nov 07

Try click here. Been using them for two years or so. There are cheaper cartridges around but found theirs are excellent quality with long life and had no problems whatsover.

kenski 22:39 15 Nov 07

i too buy for r265 there are two different sets if u bought your printer recently you must buy the set for the latest one .. the retailer normally aske me when i bought the printer before selling me the cartridges .. hope this helps

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:29 16 Nov 07

click here and save loads of money.

G

Gordal 20:44 16 Nov 07

I have an Epson all-in-one CX6400. Using Choice I found the quality was fine but before every print there was an irritating question about - did I know that the ink was not genuine Epson (or words to that effect) and did I still want to print. Clicking 'Yes' worked and the document printed.

Since this problem I have used similar cartridges at a similar price from Phoenix Direct.

You pays your money - - - - -

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…