Epson GT-7000 Driver problem

MoiraB 22:41 PM 05 Nov 11

I am trying to install an Epson GT-7000 but despite having the installation disk am unable to do so. It keeps saying it can't find the files. Tried the Epson site but this scanner isn't listed. I know it's quite old now but it hasn't been used. I'm running Windows XP.

rdave13 22:49 PM 05 Nov 11

Is this the one? enter link description here

MoiraB 11:03 AM 06 Nov 11

Downloaded that but didn't work. I have the installation disk but each time I try it says it was unsuccessful. The scanner appears in my list of programs but when I open it, nothing.

allrands 20:06 PM 29 Jan 12

I had this problem and have TOTALLY solved it, not only for the GT7000 but also for an ancient Nikon Coolscan LS30 which was also proving just as difficult.

The solution is to install a scanning utility called Vue Scan by Hamrick. This is a brilliant program in its own right for both paper and film scanners. Search for Vue Scan in your browser to locate the program.

Choose 'Install with Drivers' and then, when installed and with the program closed, use Device Manager to install the driver for the scanner, pointing the location of the driver to C:\Vue Scan. Works like a dream!

Happy scanning!

Sea Urchin 14:46 PM 30 Jan 12

Looks like a scanner spammer!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites